Who will win between Pacquiao and Mosley?

Custom Search

Pacquiao Against Poverty




The world's top pound for pound boxer announced that he will be working with Gawad Kalinga for a poverty-free Philippines by 2024. "The biggest fight in my life is not in boxing. The biggest fight in my life is how to end poverty in my country. And this Saturday I will wear yellow gloves as a symbol of unity and hope to end poverty. I am joining Gawad Kalinga to help build homes and provide livelihood for the poor," Pacquaio said.

Manny shared that when he was still a child he had to fight just to eat. Pacquiao grew up in General Santos City and wasn't able to finish high school due to poverty. He then left home when he was 14 because his mother was not making enough money to support a family of six children. He then started boxing and made the Philippine national amateur boxing team.

“When I fight, Filipinos, they call me a Bayani or a Hero. I believe this world needs more heroes,” he said as he invites everyone to wear yellow on his fight day to signify the cause that he is fighting for.



Pacquiao vs Mosley Fight will be held on May 7, 2011 at MGM in Las Vegas.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Directories

Blogger Theme By:GosuBlogger | Blue Adsense Blogger Template .